Wednesday, October 18, 2006

yeah, but it didn't work all that well for me.


Happy, confident students do worse in math

    WASHINGTON -- Kids who are turned off by math often say they don't enjoy it, they aren't good at it and they see little point in it. Who knew that could be a formula for success?

    The nations with the best scores have the least happy, least confident math students, says a study by the Brookings Institution's Brown Center on Education Policy. read more here
Hope pointed me to this story, having heard it on the news this morning as she was getting ready for school.

So what can a loving mother do? I took a deep breath, told her she was grounded, that she shouldn't expect any candy on Halloween and that I never did like her all that much, anyway. Then I kissed her and told her to do well on her math quiz today.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Mommyleek said...

I must be the happiest and most confident person in the world!

10/18/2006 7:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Knitting Parents of Young Children
Join | List | Prev | Next | ??
Powered by RingSurf

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Powered by Blogger


Listed on BlogShares