Tuesday, October 10, 2006

I could eat that picot edge with a spoon.


I am fairly certain this was my first short row heel. I'm not 100% sure because it seemed vaguely familiar as I knitted it, but I cannot actually remember a specific pair of socks with a heel like this. And a short row toe? Definitely the first. The ridge created by the zigzag bind off looks cute (moreso in person that the photo, I think), but seems like it could feel funny in a shoe. That won't be an issue with this pair, though. And who wants to cover up this cuteness, anyway?
I cast on for the second sock on the way home from the college yesterday but exhaustion won out and I ended up dozing the rest of the way home.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger msubulldog said...

Cute socks! I always think that zigzag bindoff would be uncomfortable in a shoe, too. For "grownup" socks with a short row toe, I start with a provisional cast on and then Kitchener the seam when it's done.

10/10/2006 12:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Knitting Parents of Young Children
Join | List | Prev | Next | ??
Powered by RingSurf

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Powered by Blogger


Listed on BlogShares