Thursday, January 12, 2006

A very belated Happy Holidays!


I'm a little slow these days, lol. And for the many, many who never received their cards from me, here is the pic.

Baby Fireball is being cooperative and staying put for the time being. (-: I'm concerned that once my due date arrives on Sunday and she hasn't, Emma is going to spontaneously combust. Each day brings the proclamation from Emma of how long until the due date. I then remind her that Ben was two weeks late, Abie was late, Clara was late and she, herself, was six days late.

The end of my pregnancies are usually pretty happy, blissful times...knowing that the baby is coming and savoring the last bit of time until the birth. This time is a little different, though I still have those feelings most of the time. Starting at my 38 week check, my blood pressure has been a bit wonky and I've had protein in my urine (ranging from trace to +2). Weird. Things I've never dealt with before. Anyway, it disrupts my usual calm here and there.

We still have things to get together for the birth, though it's all falling into place, a little more each day. Bill came home last night with some various pink onesies and a pink gown after I lamented the night before that we didn't have any short sleeved onesies and nary a gown. I donated almost everything as Ben grew out of them and the remainder when we moved....you know, when I was already pregnant, but too stoopid to know. Now we finally have the camcorder charging up and tomorrow I will check on the status of the regular camera's batteries. Really, I will.

The kids are settling into their new schools, as of the end of winter break. It has been the hardest on Hope, who has gone from a regular schedule to block scheduling. I'm sure that we will come to find the benefits of this arrangement, but right now it's just so confusing. She has met some very nice girls, though, so on that front she is happy.

On the knitting front, I finally finished the little green silk blend dress...omg, could it be any cuter? Oh, wait...I still need to add a wee button to the back neck opening and and thread a ribbon through the eyelets. Details, details. That might have to wait until after she's born...I am not big on leaving the house these days. After I get batteries in the camera tomorrow I will take a pic. But please don't hold your breath. I've started on a little cardigan wth more of the same yarn...modified an online pattern to include eyelet and it's coming out really nice, though I'm thinking it might be a bit large to wear at the same time as the dress. I can always roll up the sleeves, rihgt? So far the back and part of the front right side are completed. Baby Fireball can arrive once I've finished. Actually, with my track record, she probably should give me a reasonable length of time and then say the hell with it and come, anyway. I'm hoping they will be the right size for her to wear around Easter.

I also finished a lttle cardigan out of...oops. I have no recollection of what the yarn was called. Anyway, it's a novelty yarn that is super soft and the color is called Fire, in honor of her name. It's pretty...shades of red and deep orange. With the coloring that my babies have it will probably make her look ten shades of pale, but I couldn't resist. Ooh...note to self...need buttons for that one, too. I am button deprived.

And on that note, goodnight. I have a date with the second season of 24 before I fall asleep. (-:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Gretch, I did the same thing about giving things away! Need some pink stuff? Ada is starting to outgrow stuff.

1/12/2006 9:32 PM  
Blogger Gretchen said...

Lookit you! I just finally found your other comment and responded! Yes! Yes! Yes! Any and all things pink (or otherwise) are welcome. (-: And you owe me a visit with Ada in tow! I'm not forgetting!

1/12/2006 9:37 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

and the new 24 season starts this Sunday - I can't wait!

I sent you something on our shared bday, and I have been trying to email you about it but I suspect now my emails ar enot going through - did you ever got an email from Elann on my behalf?

Lu
from FiberRAOK

1/14/2006 1:19 PM  
Blogger Gretchen said...

Lu...Lol...I hadn't quite finished disc 3 of season 2, so I was switching back and forth at commercials. I'm pretty sure season 3 is when I started watching it, so 3 more discs of season 2 and I think I'm caught up.

As far as Elann...no... )-: Happy belated birthday to you!

1/16/2006 3:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Knitting Parents of Young Children
Join | List | Prev | Next | ??
Powered by RingSurf

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Powered by Blogger


Listed on BlogShares