Thursday, September 15, 2005

Jake's trip made the local newspaper!

"Practicing in the parking lot at Northwest High School can’t quite prepare the school’s band and color guard for a red-carpet performance in front of Chinese dignitaries.

But it will have to do."

Gaithersburg Gazette, September 14, 2005


And because my husband is a whiz at finding things (and it might have to do with the fact that he needs to use the camera at work tomorrow and the memory stick was full), I present a few recent pics.

Labor Day Parade, 2005


Jake is the second trombone from the left. The kid off to the right a pace behind the others is new to marching. We'll cut him some slack. (-:

Benny, just before the parade



Jake, 3 am, getting ready to leave for China

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG, Gretchen.
I am so "proud" of Jake. He is such a lovely person. I do hope I have a child who takes up band one day, that would be so neat.
And, our dear Benny. He is just so gorgeous, as always. His facial features are so much like yours.

9/15/2005 11:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sometimes I leave TWO comments.

I did not realize the magnitude of his trip. Holy Moly. Go Jake!

(I grew up in the sticks.)

9/15/2005 11:16 PM  
Blogger ninjapoodles said...

Great Googly-Moogly, he be pretty!

And for some reason (probably that it's 2:00am and I'm full of benzos and sleeping pills), I'm terribly tickled that what I get to copy for my "word verification this time is "sneep". Tee-hee.

9/16/2005 2:02 AM  
Blogger Birth Express said...

Congrats on your pregnancy. looks like we may be due around the same time. I just wanted to tell you about this cool message board for you and your knitter friends to get together and share patterns, knitting secrets and make friendships. See you there.
http://tightknitfriends.aimoo.com

9/16/2005 6:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Knitting Parents of Young Children
Join | List | Prev | Next | ??
Powered by RingSurf

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Powered by Blogger


Listed on BlogShares