Monday, January 16, 2006

Happy Birthday, Sweetie!

Happy Birthday, Sweetie!

So, yesterday was the due date and Billiam's birthday. We ended up making lasagna, salad and a homemade Boston cream pie. Mmmm. I completely forgot to make the bread, but was forgiven. (-: Emma, Abie and Ben decided that the chocolate top of the cake was the only part worth eating, so they don't get any leftovers. Actually, if I could have gotten away with it, I think I would have eaten the top off of mine, too, but really, the rest was good. You just can't beat chocolate.

Nothing terribly exciting on the Fireball front. Or Miss Fire, as Abie now calls her. Snort. I had my 39 week app't on Friday and my bp was still a bit high for me, though not bad....1 something over 78. I'm usually around 104-108/60ish. Trace protein, so no worries there. Her heartrate was in the 120's instead of the ususal 140's, so they went ahead and did a non-stress test. Everything looked fine. My next app't is scheduled for Friday, then a biophysical profile on Monday morning. Now, when I had that done with Ben, the dumb tech didn't seem to know how to use the machine and then ended up proclaiming, "You don't have enough fluid...this baby needs to come out now!" Bozo scared me to death then when he was born later that night (well...early next morning), there was tons of fluid. So, there. This one will be at a different place and hopefully they will be more calm. Next appointment after that will be that Friday and, if she's not here by then, we'll discuss whether to induce on the 30th. So that's my month. Jake has suggested waiting until February, since we don't have a February birthday here at the house. I'm picturing my future mother ring...another garnet or an amethyst? Hmmmm......these are the important considerations.

On the knitting front, I've now completed the right front of the eyelet cardigan and actually took pics of that and the dress! Stand and applaud! Now to charge up the batteries, clear the memory card and stick it in my hospital bag...
silk blend dress

closeup of eyelet on cardigan

The color on the eyelet is closer to actual than the dress pic, but both are off. Think in between, leaning towards the eyelet color. And the dress will have a ribbon running through the eyelet row. Something sheer and wide enough to have to bunch in the holes and make a pretty bow. I've been searching for a sweet hat pattern to complete the set, but might end up just making up my own. Nothing is quite what I have in mind. Picky, picky.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The dress and cardigan pattern are absolutely beautiful. The color, the style, everything.

I am so glad to see an update. I knew your due date was approaching.

Can't wait to hear that she's hear. In the meantime, take care! :)

1/16/2006 5:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The dress is gorgeous! It will only look better with Fireball in it! Very interested in hearing her name as we have such similar naming tendencies. Thinking of you? Robin

1/16/2006 6:27 PM  
Blogger Gretchen said...

Thanks, Michelle! I have to squeeze in time to check out blogs I like to read, like yours! Each time I get a few minutes online I have one or more kids begging me to hurry up! Time for another computer!

G.

1/16/2006 6:55 PM  
Blogger Gretchen said...

Thanks, Robin! I'm getting ready to send you an email...oh, and on the names? I so look forward to your names, too! Poifect, one and all. (-:

1/16/2006 6:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Knitting Parents of Young Children
Join | List | Prev | Next | ??
Powered by RingSurf

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Powered by Blogger


Listed on BlogShares