Tuesday, February 27, 2007

the thing about knitting

It never ceases to amaze me that this:


can become this:



I hope that magic feeling never goes away.


pattern: Monkey by Cookie.
yarn: All Things Heather in Emperor.

I love this pattern. It's so pretty and easy to memorize, even for this ADD knitter who cannot remember to count to save her life.

Dig my sock model. That's a Batman mini steno pad. All the cool kids are using them.

note to self: must get actual sock blockers, preferably some like these.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't comment as much as I am awed by your knitting, Gretchen. The hat you sent Natalie when you were her secret bday mama is a treasure and I feel so lucky to have a piece of your work! I am glad Charlotte can wear it too!
I knitted when I was about 10...learned how in 4-H and even took a pillow and (something else) to the county fair. I cannot remember how to knit to save my life though. Any suggested reading for starting up again, with the vague familiarity yet no recollection of the skills required?
Also, any idea what's up with the Oct list? Does everyone keep in touch through the soaping offshoot list nowadays? Or did everyone just disband?
Michelle

2/28/2007 9:29 AM  
Blogger msubulldog said...

Lovely!

2/28/2007 1:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Knitting Parents of Young Children
Join | List | Prev | Next | ??
Powered by RingSurf

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Powered by Blogger


Listed on BlogShares