Friday, February 16, 2007

pink sweater #2

This is the second I've made in this pattern (SweaterBabe's Beautiful Cabled Baby Jacket). The first was for Lydia and I used the Cashmerino Aran that the pattern stated. For this one I am using Rowan Calmer and I have to say I am loving it more. I am also using kfb instead of yo's for the raglan shaping. After finishing Lydia's I find that I am not crazy about eyelets in a gauge this large.

That said, this sweater knits up really fast and I expect to be finished in plenty of time for my sister's shower next Saturday. I am fairly certain she doesn't read this, but if you do, Meghan, you never saw this.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Knittingmummy said...

I am looking forward to seeing lydia's one. I am still thinking about trying one.
Amanda.

2/17/2007 6:17 AM  
Blogger Gretchen said...

You really should! I am wondering if I should have gone up a size, though. I'll let you know how the sizing is when I finish this one (or finally block Lydia's). Lydia's was supposed to be for the fall, but it might end up being her size now.

2/19/2007 9:39 AM  
Blogger JayJay said...

What a lovely color! I will have to keep this pattern in mind for future baby gifts.

2/19/2007 11:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Knitting Parents of Young Children
Join | List | Prev | Next | ??
Powered by RingSurf

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Powered by Blogger


Listed on BlogShares