Tuesday, February 20, 2007

maybe she was just having a bad day.

I was in a local, small shop today. Just before going in I realized that I couldn't find my cell phone. Not so unusual. I routinely lose track of it in my house, in my van and even in my purse. I call myself from the house phone and my husband's cell phone all the time to locate it. Thank goodness the ringer is always on.

So, back to today. I had my cell phone when I left the house, so when I couldn't locate it before going into the store, I knew there were only so many places it could be. It could have fallen out of my sweater pocket when I was at the post office, the grocery store, the parking lot of either of these two places, or it had craftily hidden itself in my van.

So I relied on my tried and true method. After my purchase was rung up, I explained my situation to the clerk and asked if she would mind calling my cell phone from her phone so that I could listen for the ring as I got into my car. She stared at me with a blank expression for what felt like forever but was likely closer to ten seconds. During this time I am thinking, "Oh, she thinks I'm an idiot...she is feeling put out....she's......" My thoughts were interrupted by her response:

"But I don't know your cell phone number."
Alrighty, then.

p.s. it was in my van--while turning a corner it suddenly leapt from its hiding place to the floor.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger canknitian said...

WOW. That's absolutely...stunning! I really, really hope it was just a bad day for her. :)

Rawwwwwwxanne!!

2/20/2007 7:29 PM  
Blogger Gretchen said...

:::sigh:::

I can see you are just going to be impossible to live with now that you have your ticket to see them.

I can only imagine it will get worse after you see them. (-:

Green. I am positively green with envy.

2/20/2007 8:05 PM  
Blogger JayJay said...

I hate when I go to work and forget my brain at home. (She was probably kicking herself later for being so silly).

2/21/2007 5:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Knitting Parents of Young Children
Join | List | Prev | Next | ??
Powered by RingSurf

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Powered by Blogger


Listed on BlogShares