Friday, January 12, 2007

mostly about Hope,

but please don't mention that to her because I'm not supposed to talk about her here. She's thirteen.

Hope's hat is finally finished. I love it and, more importantly, she loves it. How great is it when you give someone something you've knit for them and they can't stop grinning, they love it so much? The pattern is Braid and Bobble Hat by Fiber Trends (thank you, Lindy!) and the yarn (merino/alpaca) was custom dyed by ChewySpaghetti (click to see her etsy shop and drool). Just gorgeous and super soft. Thank you, Khris!

Oh, and to answer your question from the other day, Nicki, yes, she needs glasses. She's Not Happy about it and could not find any frames that she didn't despise with every fiber of her being liked. We need to find 100% invisible frames. Not rimless. Invisible. She only needs them for distance and right now is sitting at or near the front in all of her classes, so there is no pressure to rush it. I think she needs some more time to digest the idea.

Here is a pic of Billiam's hat. See? Don't you love that decrease, too? Thank you, Fig and Plum.

And the green bit at the bottom. Yeah, I know how to do it without getting the little bumps of color. I forgot to do it.

Today I have the Herculean task of convincing Ben to shed his pajamas in favor of actual clothing. The kind people wear when they venture out of the house into the great big world. The boy would live in his pj's if I let him. Most days I do.

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Faren said...

The hats are very pretty and that decrease is cool.

1/12/2007 9:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They both look great! Can you email me that picture? I want to start a gallery of finished projects in my yarn.

1/12/2007 11:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that braid and bobble hat is beautiful.I really like the colours you have used.

1/12/2007 3:10 PM  
Blogger Dee Barrack said...

Yummy. Am I on your list??? (My birthday is in August; I don't mind getting one in HOT weather!) :-)

1/12/2007 3:55 PM  
Blogger JayJay said...

Those hats look great! I love the colors. I have chosen your potholders and recipes and will mail them Monday!

1/12/2007 6:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Knitting Parents of Young Children
Join | List | Prev | Next | ??
Powered by RingSurf

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Powered by Blogger


Listed on BlogShares