Saturday, December 30, 2006

almost famous


Jake's band got a review in the newspaper! And not the little bitty local newspaper, either! And, please notice, I'm mentioned, kinda sorta.
Screaming Babies, a political punk rock trio in the vein of The Clash, was a crowd favorite. A potent mix of high-energy guitar, dissident vocals and driving drum beats, the band got the crowd skanking. A passionate, heartfelt cover of Elvis Costello's "Welcome to the Working Week" marked the birthday of the bassist's mother while the Clash's "White Riot" solidified Screaming Babies' punk rock roots. Though the crowd had thinned by its set, Screaming Babies still put on a wild show.
Can you see the glow surrounding my house from where you are? That's me, beaming.
Incidentally, they thought of their band name one night when they were practicing at our house. Lydia's latest trick was growling and from that came "Screaming Babies."

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Stepping On Legos said...

OMG, that's totally cool! You should be so proud! And I love the band name :-) Do they have a MySpace music site?

12/30/2006 4:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had to check the link for skanking, because, honestly, I guess I'm too old or too out of it to know...skanky in my world is like a dirty whore...

Nice write up! And great name!

12/30/2006 7:37 PM  
Blogger Mommyleek said...

Yay Jake! That's a really great writeup. And yeah, I love the name of the band.

When will the first cd be released?

12/31/2006 9:34 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Love it! I'm sure Kaylie will be very proud of her future husband ;)
Happy New Year!

12/31/2006 5:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Knitting Parents of Young Children
Join | List | Prev | Next | ??
Powered by RingSurf

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Powered by Blogger


Listed on BlogShares