Thursday, November 16, 2006

cables and bobbles and seed stitch, oh, my!



Here is a photo of the hat that I am so in love with. The pattern is the Braid & Bobble Hat by Fiber Trends that Lindy sent me as part of my fabulous Chocolate Swap package. It's a sixteen row repeat and after the first two repeats the pattern suddenly imprinted on my brain and knitting this pattern is a Beautiful Thing. I wish I had a block of time big enough to just sit and knit it until it's finished.

The yarn is the hand dyed skein of deliciousness by Khris, of ChewySpaghetti. I loved that I gave her an idea of the colors I was thinking of (dd #'s faves) and now I hold her interpretation in my hands. So. Much. Fun. Go check out her etsy shop. She has marked down some of her yarn to make way for new. I just popped over there again thinking I would mention a specific one to check out but couldn't choose just one. Tumultuous. Evocative. Capricious. Meandering. I have Evocative in a worsted alpaca/merino blend (oh, so soft!) that is quickly becoming mittens and a hat for a certain person at my house who loves pink and purple.

Oh, and I'm through next week's rows in my How Many Rows To Knit Each Day To Finish By December 10. AKA, My Plan of Madness. I'm just saying.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Pearls Mother said...

it's gorgeous,
I love the pattern,
i'm glad that you're enjoying it.
Lindy

11/16/2006 5:30 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

I'm knitting this braid & bobble hat right now and I'm wondering if I'm missing something -- do we fold up the bottom edge and perhaps seem it, so that that last braid is on the outside?

3/25/2007 11:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Knitting Parents of Young Children
Join | List | Prev | Next | ??
Powered by RingSurf

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Powered by Blogger


Listed on BlogShares