Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Stitches East, 2006

First, I took my camera, but having read other people's comments about being told not to take photos, I chickened out and left it in my bag. This, despite hearing no announcements myself. Say it. Chicken.

First I dropped off my little hat at the Save The Children table. Nice, natural colored cotton. Nope, didn't take a picture. Feh on me.

I had a small list in my head of specific things to look for. One was Shelridge Farm for more of there soft touch ultra fingering weight. Love that stuff. The other things were for Christmas knits that shall not be named. Last week I actually looked through the list of vendors and made a list of specific booths I wanted to see. Yeah. Didn't print if out and didn't retain that information.

I actually got through more than half without buying anything at all. There were just too many things to decide on any one thing at a time. I did notice that I am drawn like a magnet to cashmere yarn. Must. Lose. That. Or win the lottery.

About three quarters of the way through I found Shelridge and found another adorable hat pattern, yarn for that and yarn to make another of these. This time in chocolate and a handpainted yarn. Photos later.

Then a sweater caught my eye, whispered sweet nothings into my ear and before I knew it, the nice lady at AffectionKnit was holding my check and I was walking away with a sweater and hat kit all pretty-like in a plastic tote. It was pink. With lacey bits. I was smitten.

Last, from The Skein Attraction, a pattern for a way cute cotton t-shirt with frilly sleeves and bottom and Tahki Cotton Classic to knit it up. Yes, for Lydia, too. I have never pretended to love to knit anything better than baby stuff.

Lydia was great...riding in the sling the whole time and taking it all in. Buffy Taylor of Shelridge even said she remembered holding her at the Sheep and Wool festival back in May while I shopped.

Hey--does anyone have any experience with this? I was thinking of asking for an umbrella swift and ball winder for my birthday, but maybe this is more fun? I think I would still want a ball winder, too, though. I like the idea of supporting a small business and it was prettier than a swift. The price on this page says $95, but at the show she said they were $65, which is about the same as a swift.

I am hoping that next year I can actually take some classes there instead of just hitting the market place.

And the stuff for Christmas knitting? Oops.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Pearls Mother said...

Wow, looks like you and Lydia had a great time
and Lydia gets gorgeous things to wear.
Thanks for the links,
they give me new and interesting sites to browse.

11/07/2006 5:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Knitting Parents of Young Children
Join | List | Prev | Next | ??
Powered by RingSurf

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Powered by Blogger


Listed on BlogShares