Thursday, September 21, 2006

rashes and swelling and itching, oh, my.

Thanks for your input. I did keep her home today. It ended up being a no brainer. She's worse. Well, in some ways. The swelling has gone down a lot but the rash is still spreading. Poor, sweet girl. Her face is so rough and dry. The only thing I can put on it that doesn't hurt is pure shea butter. She hates it but it seems to be helping a little bit. Meanwhile, her arms and torso have more redness. Today was her last prednisone tablet so I'll talk to the pediatrician tomorrow to see if she should have more or just wait it out.

Oh, wait. It gets better. Monday is picture day at school. Perfect. This tops last year when Hope chipped her front tooth right before picture day. At least Hope could have smiled with her lips closed (moot point as she was at the dentist getting it fixed).

I have knitting to share but I still haven't resolved the problem with my memory card so I'm using my old tiny one from an old camera...it holds one picture at a time.

Pics of some sort tomorrow.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww, poor Ems! I'm glad you kept her home - what would you have told ME to do, silly? of course you keep her home!
Feel better...
-L

9/21/2006 11:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh poor thing! I hope it starts fading soon. And as far as pictures go, don't they offer a "make-up" day for the kids that missed out? If not, you could always spoil her a little and let her pick out a special new outfit and then swing her into a Wal-Mart portrait studio for the $6.88 special. Might do wonders for her ego, too- like Glamour Shots, only at 1/1000 of the price. :)

Seriously, I hope she gets over this soon. Have you determined the cause yet? What was that vine they were playing with?

9/22/2006 8:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Urg! That's me up there. :)

Angie

9/22/2006 8:11 AM  
Blogger Tania A said...

It looks like contact dermatitis to me. Have you changed any of your detergents of cleaners, soaps, anything like that? Has she gotten any new makeup or anything? I had a case of contact dermatitis that was simply awful, it lasted months before we finally figured it out. Best bet if it is that is to keep a gentle moisturizer on it (shea butter is ideal, I'd think) and use a gentle soap for a while.

9/22/2006 2:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Knitting Parents of Young Children
Join | List | Prev | Next | ??
Powered by RingSurf

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Powered by Blogger


Listed on BlogShares