Wednesday, September 20, 2006

baby, you can drive my car

This is what we are listening to in the van these days. The current fav, All Together Now, will almost always stop Lydia from fussing. Whether that is because she just loves it or cannot believe her ears and eyes when we all start singing along is undecided. Inexplicably, Ben called it "the cactus song" until recently.

One day, after listening to When I'm Sixty-Four, Ben told me that he likes that song, but, "It's kind of creepy." Creepy? How? "Because it says, 'When I get older, losing my head.'" Ah, ok.
It cracks me up hearing my almost four year old walking through Target singing Hey Bulldog (which makes me think of Amanda each time, btw).

Oh, and it passes the cool parent test. With all due respect to Laurie Berkner, Jake used to cringe when we were driving his friends somewhere listening to Moon, Moon, Moon. Now we can hear them back there singing along. Go, Beatles!
In other driving news, Jake is doing great with learning to drive. I've never seen a boy so excited to go to the grocery store. He gets home from school and, with eyes light up and he asks if I need to run up to the store. This translates to, "Can I drive you to the store?" He's like a boy with a quarter in his pocket and a date with the gumball machine. He does really well, though. Well enough that I get to knit while enjoying the ride. Yea!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

So rare to find music the whole family can agree on, huh? Oh how we all love The Beatles. "When I'm Sixty-Four" was the song we had them play while we cut the cake at our wedding. :)

9/20/2006 9:22 AM  
Blogger Leslie said...

Alan likes the beatles also (we played the red and blue greatest hits albums in the car). He also likes Billy Joel - we played the latest live concert CD in the car also.

9/20/2006 9:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Knitting Parents of Young Children
Join | List | Prev | Next | ??
Powered by RingSurf

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Powered by Blogger


Listed on BlogShares