Friday, September 15, 2006

please don't run in the house

It's a simple rule, really. We tell the kids all the time. Especially those two little energetic boys. So why did I feel the need to dash down the hall the other night to check the calendar for Jake's appointment time? As if the calendar was going anywhere. Anyway, if you need to know, the vacuum cleaner is in the hall. On the right side. The side I dashed up. Fact: a pinky toe crashing into a vacuum cleaner with enough force can cause the vacuum cleaner to relocate a few feet away from its original location. Your pinky toe will likely break, as a result.

If you see me out and about with flip flops on, despite the more fall-like temps and rain we've been having this week, please know it's because I can't put my other shoes on. What with the broken toe. At least I painted my toenails. Oooh! I need a pair of these!

I'd love to show you a photo of my beautiful sock (made from this from Khris at ChewySpaghetti--drool along with me!)I started yesterday (all four inches of it), but my compact flash card has chosen to go wonky and give my poor, deserving of better than this camera a hard time. It's driving me nuts and I hope I don't have to resort to buying a new one.

We leave in just a bit to get Ben's cast off. Woohoo! They'll x-ray his wrist after they take it off and he'll either leave there a free man or, if need be, with a fresh cast for a little bit longer.

Oh, and honey? If you're reading this, I signed Abie up for karate. I just saw the form yesterday and the first class was already full so I hopped on one of the last openings in the second class. It's less than the wrestling he was expressing interest in and [whisper] the idea of wrestling was kind of freaking me out.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger msubulldog said...

Yeowtch! All the more reason to sit & knit today. *grin*

9/15/2006 10:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ouch! no running in the house! are you feeling better or do you need a teeny-tiny little toe cast? ;)
-L

9/18/2006 2:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Knitting Parents of Young Children
Join | List | Prev | Next | ??
Powered by RingSurf

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Powered by Blogger


Listed on BlogShares