Saturday, September 09, 2006

two new starts

I've started my beautilicious Yarn Aboard Opal from Tania. I'm actually a bit further than when I took the photo and I'm not sure if I'm going to stick with the Jaywalker pattern, or not. I love the yarn and I love the pattern but I'm afraid the colors are going to swallow the pattern. Thoughts, anyone?


I am loving Girlfriend's Swing Coat. I got this yarn from 100purewool.com for another project. I was already considering itwthen a friend recommended them so I figured it was destiny and ordered it. When it arrived it was lovely and soft but not at all the colors I expected. In the photo the pinks and browns had appeared much darker. So I held onto it and waited. When I saw the swing coat pattern, I thought it would be perfect.



And this photo of Lydia, just because I love it and I don't think I've posted it before.


6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Third time's a charm, right? I'm taking your advice and leaving this "ananymously". I absolutely adore the pink and brown yarn for the swing coat! It looks so cuddly and snuggly. Which of your daughters is going to get the honor of having that knit for them? Or will you make one for each?

I also wanted to leave you a link to a blog of another knitting friend that just finished the swing coat for her daughter. She highlights the pros and cons of the pattern. http://topekatrina.blogspot.com/2006/09/its-back-to-school-for-girlie.html

As far as the socks go- I'm terrible at deciding that sort of thing until I've knit so far into the project that I can't bring myself to frog it. I guess I haven't developed that knitter's instinct yet that says "STOP! This is going to suck!"

Can't wait to see more progress pictures!

9/10/2006 1:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oops! BTW, that's my comment up there. :)

Angie

9/10/2006 1:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What the? FOUR knitting needles? What on Earth? I never... what? Hm. Does it just help get it over with faster to have four? Feh.

9/10/2006 8:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*beats blogger*

Yeah, see .. s'why I avoid Beta-anything. ;)

Anyway, as I was saying, it's really pretty, the sock yarn. The other is pretty too .. perhaps even prettier to my eyes, but I'm on a little of a pink kick lately. Autumn colors will break me of that, have no fear!

Tania, aka TygherKnits

9/11/2006 12:13 PM  
Blogger Gretchen said...

Angie--the swing coat is for the babe. I'm horrible at projects for the older kids (unless it's socks). I don't trust my knitting add to keep me interested in a pattern long enough to do anything bigger.

And your friend's blog? I had already added her to my bloglines list the other day before you posted this! She's part of the chocolate swap I just joined! I hadn't had a chance to scroll down lower than her top post, though. Thanks! The pieces all fall into place... (-:

Kris--socks, baby!

Tania--yeah...I was lured by the promise of being able to tag my posts. Comments are better than tags, though!

9/11/2006 3:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Clue me in pls. What is a chocolate swap, how does it work and how do I join? Thanks.

9/13/2006 1:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Knitting Parents of Young Children
Join | List | Prev | Next | ??
Powered by RingSurf

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Powered by Blogger


Listed on BlogShares