Thursday, September 28, 2006

Chocolate Swap!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

My pal, Lindy, ROCKS! She told me the other day that my goodies would be coming in two packages--one from her in Australia and one was being sent from So. Cal. Then she said she would give me a hint--that her favorite treat is chocolate covered strawberries.

Well, the strawberries arrived and they are more delicious and beautiful than I could have imagined! And I am, literally, laughing out loud. Oh, I love it, I love it, I love it. When I saw the return address on the package I couldn't imagine why Khris was sending me something.

Then I opened it and when I took it out of its pretty bag and tissue and saw it I gasped. Why was Khris sending this to me? I've been gazing at it on my screen since the end of August, willing it to come to me. I even almost posted about it on my blog the other day but then didn't (so I thought), afraid someone else would buy it for themselves, not realizing that it was fated to be mine. Did I order it and not even realize? I might be losing my mind.

Hang on...a card! Ok...what could Khris have to say? AAAAAAAAH! It's from LINDY! I started howling with laughter. The baby was next to me and was watching me as if to determine whether I might be dangerous. Then I stopped. How did Lindy know I wanted this?
SHE. READ. MY. MIND.
I was seriously spooked for all of three seconds then quickly went to my blog and saw that I did, in fact, post about it (ah, along with a threat. Always nice). Ok...so I am losing my mind. But I will have this beautiful merino and silk laceweight yarn clutched in my hands as they cart me off.

The yarn, I love her. And I still have the chocolate to look forward to.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Pearls Mother said...

glad that you like the strawberries part of the chocolate swap!
the yarn looks soft, silky and yummy.
so waht are you going to make with it?
Lindy

9/28/2006 4:12 PM  
Blogger Gretchen said...

Lindy--I don't know, yet! I have been pouring over lace patterns and haven't decided. Thank you, again.

Khris--you have such a talent for dying! It's so beautiful.

9/29/2006 9:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

:(

9/30/2006 12:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Knitting Parents of Young Children
Join | List | Prev | Next | ??
Powered by RingSurf

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Powered by Blogger


Listed on BlogShares