Thursday, July 13, 2006

score one for the cook

For as long as I have known him (39-16=23 yrs...wowza!), my husband has waxed poetic about the rice cups he used to get as a boy from On On Kitchen in Far Rockaway. Rice cups with orange sauce. For a quarter. Bliss.

Tonight I made chicken with a yummy ginger sauce. He took one bite and pronounced that it was like the beloved rice cups with orange sauce. The color wasn't as orange, but the taste was there. Then he glumly noticed the scant amount of rice left in the pot. But for a moment All Was Good.

Love you, honey. I'll make more. Lots more. I promise. Now, about that camera...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Knitting Parents of Young Children
Join | List | Prev | Next | ??
Powered by RingSurf

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Powered by Blogger


Listed on BlogShares