Friday, September 01, 2006

and the first name drawn is....

...you know, it takes longer to fold that many little slips of paper than I would have thought.

Last night (actually in the wee hours of today), I printed out each person's name the number of times they entered. All slips of paper were the same size and this morning I folded each in half, then in half again. Into the Chevy's sombrero they went....

Hope and Clara didn't get to help with the drawing because it took so long to fold all the slips up that they had to leave for school. They were actually more focused on the possibility that the remnants of Ernesto coming through might cause them to have a power outage at school (and would that make the school close? and could they come home early? and would the power be out at home?). So Abie, Emma and Ben became the default helpers. They were more than happy to fill in.

Emma reaches in...



and the first name drawn is....
Abie's turn to pick one...

and the second name drawn is....
Blogger has chosen this moment to not allow me to upload any more photos....let me go ahead and post this and then try to get the third name photos up.

I have already emailed the first person to see what her prize choice is. The first prize is the Atacama yarn and runner up is the laceweight hand-dyed merino goody bag. But I threw in the option of an Elmore Pisgah Mason Dixon prepack in case a dishcloth knitter won. Once I hear back from the first person, I will ask the second person their choice and then notify the third person of their prize.

Huge thanks to all of you who entered and Khris, for providing the runner up prize. When I first told Erin about my idea, I told her what a wonderful, giving group of people are in the online knitting community and I am proud to be a part of you. If I could send a prize out to each and every one of you, I would.

Lydia, Ben and I will be heading up to the bank to get a cashier's check for the $303 raised, this afternoon or tomorrow (depending on what Ernesto is dishing out to us today). Of course, I'll post a pic of that, too.

Again, thank you.

The third place drawing photos will be posted as soon as blogger allows me to upload them...I'll keep trying.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mommyleek said...

Congrats to the winners! And thank you so much for doing this! I'm seriously impressed by the amount you raised, and I know that Erin is incredibly grateful for the help.

Hope Ernesto gives you guys a break. We were projected to get 60 mph winds and worse, but really it was just a gray and rainy day.

9/01/2006 9:55 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

YAY! Thanks so much to all of you who entered! I'm SO impressed with how much support this got! Ang is right, I'm so grateful.

9/01/2006 11:11 AM  
Blogger Knittymama said...

Hope you don't mind I donated anyway even though the contest is over. My son has a CHD so I really wanted to support you guys! Have a great walk!

9/01/2006 12:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Knitting Parents of Young Children
Join | List | Prev | Next | ??
Powered by RingSurf

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Powered by Blogger


Listed on BlogShares