Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Jake, of the purple hair.

It was bleached blonde and then dyed blue/green before the purple. It wasn't as dark as Jake wanted, so the purple went on top. I like the way the combo of colors somehow took his hair back to nearly black in some areas. Note the Carvel ice cream cake, made cool and less cheery with a tube of black.

Lydia decides to eat Jake.


And today the braces came off! Look! The boy does smile! The ortho gave him gummy bears and popcorn as a "going away" gift. I'd prefer a rebate.

6 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

he looks so much like you!

9/06/2006 7:49 PM  
Blogger Stepping On Legos said...

Wow - both his hair and smile look fantastic! He is one good looking kid!

9/06/2006 10:04 PM  
Blogger msubulldog said...

You're such a cool mom for dealing with the hair. :) I fondly remember my dentist giving me a big container of popcorn when I got my braces off, too!

9/07/2006 11:54 AM  
Blogger Gretchen said...

Oh, and he got gum, too. I think he's cute, too, Nicki. But I might be biased.

9/08/2006 8:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jake is so cute and perfect teeth, too!! He looks so much like you. You are too cool to help him dye his hair. BTW, I cried when I read your blog about his birth day.
love, mer

9/12/2006 11:46 AM  
Blogger Gretchen said...

MER!

9/19/2006 8:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Knitting Parents of Young Children
Join | List | Prev | Next | ??
Powered by RingSurf

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Powered by Blogger


Listed on BlogShares