Sunday, April 23, 2006

the cool thing, the not-so-cool thing and the cool thing

I drove two hours in a huge rainstorm (more accurately, in and out of a rainstorm) to take Jake to perform in an honors band concert. This is outside of school--you have to apply, get teacher recommendation, blah, blah, blah. Anyway, this first performance was on the other side of the world really far away. The cool thing is that he's performing at this level. The not so cool thing is that I couldn't see the performance. The other cool thing is that I couldn't get in because they sold out of 5000 seats before I knew about the ticket sales. After hanging out at a mall down the street from the venue with Clara and Lydia, we drove back home for two hours and 25 minutes. I think that if I am driving that much I should end up at the beach. We did get to watch the dress rehearsal the night before and at one point it was just so good it brought me to tears.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Knitting Parents of Young Children
Join | List | Prev | Next | ??
Powered by RingSurf

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Powered by Blogger


Listed on BlogShares