Friday, August 31, 2007

I haven't fallen off a cliff...

...you know, in the literal sense. I've been living too much in my head this summer, pushing everything else to the side. If not for the kids I think I would have slept this entire summer. With school starting and summer coming to a close, I need to get back on track.

Emma is doing well. She is still taking the antibiotic daily (the consolation for a nasty-tasting daily dose is ice cream/popsicles for the kids each day at 4pm, so I can't really say they have been sad about it), and her surgery is scheduled for September 18. The recovery is supposed to be remarkably short, so she should only miss two days of school. After that she will have another VCUG at 3 mos post-op to see if it was successful.

I'm sorry that I haven't given the fundraiser the attention that it deserved. Please accept my apology for that. I will be posting the winner of the August drawing later today (while it's still August), and the final drawing will be tomorrow.

So, if anyone is still reading, watch this spot just a bit longer, please.

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger littleangelkisses said...

I've been wondering how you are! Glad to see you back. I completely understand though. I went a few months without posting too. Too many things going on and too much to handle at times. I hope the surgery goes well!

8/31/2007 10:51 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You shouldn't feel like you have to post - although I like reading :)

I always just post when I want to, rather than when I feel like I have to. That's what a blog is for.

Plus! You have your hands full! But do not worry, Children's is the best hospital around. My son had to spend 6 days in their NICU here in Seattle when he was tiny, and it couldn't have been a better place for him.

And now I will stop babbling :)

8/31/2007 12:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear all is going well. I've been thinking of you with Emma and college and everything...

8/31/2007 1:53 PM  
Blogger LaVerna said...

I can totally relate this has been the craziest summer on record around here.I was glad to get back the routine of school this week.
Hang in there!Sending good wishes and cyber hugs.

8/31/2007 4:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We missed you and are glad you are back.
If I do not know what your family is doing, how can I stalk you?

8/31/2007 8:10 PM  
Blogger Mommyleek said...

Glad to have you back, and to hear that things are going well.

One person can only do so much, and it's nice to see that you have your priorities in the right place.

But still, it's so nice to have you back. :)

9/04/2007 9:19 AM  
Blogger The Boot said...

You and your family are in my prayers...hope all is well! Emma is a brave girl. One day I will actually meet you since we're family! :)

11/29/2007 10:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

11/22/2009 12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Knitting Parents of Young Children
Join | List | Prev | Next | ??
Powered by RingSurf

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Powered by Blogger


Listed on BlogShares