Sunday, July 22, 2007

tomorrow

Emma's kidney scan is tomorrow down at Children's Hospital. We are to arrive at 9:00 and the injection is supposed to happen at 10. Then we hang out for a few hours while the stuff travels through her body. Then they start the scan, which takes about an hour. I'll take her down and then Billiam will join us towards the end of the scan. We will meet with the urologist immediately after to discuss the results (please, please, please no damage) and schedule her surgery.

We will also talk to him about possibly testing some of the other kids as, depending on which study you read, 30-50% of asymptomatic siblings of VUR kids also have VUR. The fact that Emma has had it for all of these years without a single symptom until this past spring freaks me out.

Sorry for the boring blog of late. This has been zapping any extra mental energy I would have to post.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger StepNurse said...

Good luck to Emma and calming thoughts headed your way.

I'm currently dealing with some kidney issues of my own, which I'd been blissfully ignoring for years. I've finally reached a point where I can't ignore it anymore and need to find out the cause.

I know exactly what you mean about the zappage of mental energy, for what it's worth.

Hugs all around!

7/22/2007 3:00 PM  
Blogger Mommyleek said...

My thoughts will be with you and your family tomorrow, Gretchen. Hoping there is nothing but good news coming your way. Or, at the very least, the best news possible, given the circumstances.

7/22/2007 10:12 PM  
Blogger msubulldog said...

I'll be sending you all good wishes!

7/23/2007 1:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was thinking of you at 9am, knowing exactly what you are going through. My good thoughts are coming your way.

7/23/2007 10:36 AM  
Blogger Mistrmi said...

Sending nothing but positive, calming thoughts your way.

7/23/2007 2:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Knitting Parents of Young Children
Join | List | Prev | Next | ??
Powered by RingSurf

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Powered by Blogger


Listed on BlogShares