Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Viginia Tech

Busy with the college visit yesterday, I didn't hear about the events at Virginia Tech until we were home. As I prepare to send my son off to college in the fall, I worry about whether he will get along with his roommate. Whether he will do his homework without me asking if he has. Right now he is "straight edge:" opposed to drinking, smoking and otherwise messing with his body with mind-altering substances. I worry about whether being around kids who are not so inclined might make him decide to experiment. I worry about him sleeping through morning classes.

Never in a million years would I have thought to worry that a fellow student would walk into a class my son was attending and start shooting.

My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone who lost a child, a brother, a sister, a friend yesterday.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought about you all day yesterday and talked about you with my best friend today. I can not imagine how it must feel to be you right now. ((((hugs))) Let's just say I am extremely grateful that my oldest baby is only 12 right now. This world sucks my ass right about now.

4/17/2007 10:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Knitting Parents of Young Children
Join | List | Prev | Next | ??
Powered by RingSurf

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Powered by Blogger


Listed on BlogShares