Tuesday, March 20, 2007

post-viral arthritis.

**if you've clicked here from googling "post-viral arthritis, please see note at bottom of post**

That's the diagnosis. Emma had a virus the week before the knee started with a scary high fever. At one point her fever had come down (from 105.1!) to 99.something and she was in a state of confusion. She couldn't remember the name of her school, teacher or how she gets to school ("I ride the.....hamburger?"). Then she started crying because she couldn't remember her teacher's name. I reminded her that it's Mrs. G. and about her new baby boy and Emma just stared at me like I was speaking another language. As I got dressed to take her to the er (it was really freaking us out), she slowly came out of it.

So, post-viral arthritis. Goes away on its own and is rarely chronic. She's all better and it was nothing scary. I'll take that.

p.s. Mrs. G. has told Emma that she will be bringing in a picture of baby Seth wearing the hat when he came home from the hospital. Is there any higher compliment on a baby knit?

**I get a lot of hits for this post from people googling "post-viral arthritis." That is not what this ended up being. For what ended up happening, click on "reflux sux" in the labels just below.

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear that she is better, and that you finally found out what it was

3/20/2007 11:03 PM  
Blogger canknitian said...

SO relieved to hear your news.

3/20/2007 11:07 PM  
Blogger Mommyleek said...

Sheesh! You must have mommy nerves of steel! I can't imagine how freaked I'd be with that sort of thing--the confusion and fever.

Glad to finally have a diagnosis, and a good one at that! Hooray for wellness, right?

And no, I can imagine no higher praise than to be worn home from the hospital.

3/21/2007 8:42 AM  
Blogger DD said...

My son has tiny seizures when his fever gets that high. It's pretty scary.

Poor girl...talking and knowing that she can't make sense of it. Scary for you, and pretty dang scary for her.

I'm glad she's on the mend.

3/21/2007 10:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy Crap!
I would have been loosing my mind with fear.
I'm glad she's on the upswing!

3/21/2007 10:37 AM  
Blogger msubulldog said...

Wow, I think that fever is scarier than the arthritis! Glad they figured out what it was, but *whew* what you had to go through to get there. . . .

3/21/2007 11:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow...the fever confusion must have been so scary! I have completely underestimated how much worry goes into being a parent...and I haven't even been a parent that long. Glad to hear she's doing better:) She was in my prayers:)

3/21/2007 11:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is one seriously scary sounding fever. Yikes!! I'm glad the diagnosis was as benign - the whole experience is just terrifying to me.

3/22/2007 1:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Knitting Parents of Young Children
Join | List | Prev | Next | ??
Powered by RingSurf

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Powered by Blogger


Listed on BlogShares