Monday, March 19, 2007

back at school--yea!

Emma went back to school today. Friday night she started limping around (instead of hopping) and then woke up Saturday with it more swollen and painful. More ice and motrin and that gradually improved over the day. By yesterday she was able to walk around without limping. Based on this, I am guessing that the rest of the blood work will not show anything. Weird. Just plain weird. I'm just glad she's feeling better.

Thanks for all of the good wishes and hello to Pippi--small world, indeed! As soon as my brother said your name and the word yarn I knew who he was talking about. I've been reading your blog and coveting your yarn since I first saw it last summer. To the rest--my brother was telling me about someone that he knows in real life from way back when who does the yarn thing and it was none other than Pippi! It's like one degree of Pippi. Way cool.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that Emma is walking fine!
Hopefully it was somehthing that just healed up on it's own...

As far as E goes, when he told me you knew my yarn, I asked him if you were a knit blogger.. He had no clue. Your first name totally rang a bell & with a bit of google fu, I was able to find you and IMMEDIATLEY recgonized K2TogCo6M1 ! :)
Also, if you had noticed someone poking around your archives the other day, that was me; he had mentioned giving you a mitten book by someone in Maine for the holidays and I was wondering if it was the a Robin Hansen book.

Small ass world!

3/19/2007 9:11 AM  
Blogger Mommyleek said...

What a weird and crazy sort of adventure she's had! Between the knee and the blood fiasco, I'm glad to hear that she's feeling better on her own. Sheesh! I've never really had a problem with blood draws, but now you've got me all skittish about springing a leak. Too scary! I wouldn't have been able to drive at all.

3/20/2007 7:57 PM  
Blogger Gretchen said...

(Dancing in my seat that my name rang a bell with Pippi!)

Angie--Just don't use crutches right afterwards. And, really, the lab people and I were much more freaked than Emma. We just found more blood that we missed on the back of her crocs the other day. Oh, and p.s., the van was threatening to overheat.

3/20/2007 9:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Knitting Parents of Young Children
Join | List | Prev | Next | ??
Powered by RingSurf

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Powered by Blogger


Listed on BlogShares