Saturday, October 07, 2006

in honor of Socktoberfest,

I present the first pair of socks I knitted.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I am not even sure when I made these. I know it was sometime after Emma was born (1997) because an online knitter friend kept trying to convince me to try socks, but I resisted. I can't remember if it was before or after Abie was born, though (2000). Impatient as I was to try turning a heel, they have a bit over an inch of ribbing and a scant inch of stockinette before the heel starts. I was (and still am) delighted with the mismatchiness of them.

At some point I couldn't find one of the them and knitted a third to take its place. The other eventually surfaced, so I actually have three of these. In the event that I sprout a third foot (hey, it could happen), I am completely prepared. And see that horrid baby toe on my right foot? See how it sticks out further than it should? That's the one I keep breaking. It's a monstrosity.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Stepping On Legos said...

Maybe that's the toe that is destined to branch off and form the third foot?!?! :-) Those are adorable. Do you have the pattern? Maybe I'll try those for my first socks, too. I'm dying to try socks but don't know where to start.

10/07/2006 2:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

my girls went nuts over these socks. I'm just sayin'.....
-L.

10/09/2006 9:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Knitting Parents of Young Children
Join | List | Prev | Next | ??
Powered by RingSurf

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Powered by Blogger


Listed on BlogShares