Monday, March 27, 2006

It's Spring! It really is!


My proof? Not the weather lately, that's for sure. Clara's first softball practice was yesterday and this evening will be Abie's first t-ball practice (and Clara's second softball practice). Woohoo!

I've probably rambled on about this to more than one or two of you on more than one or two occasions, but I just cannot get over the feeling of watching one of my kids do something that I never could. Yesterday Clara was throwing, catching and hitting like she was born to do it. Me? I close my eyes when a ball is coming towards me. My hands will often fly up to cover my face at the same time. But not my girl. And this year we will get to see Abie play, too. Can you hear the excitement in my voice? Laura, can you see my face? I know you can.

Poor Jake is completely worn out these days. He is in the pit orchestra for the school musical and they had their opening this past weekend. Two more shows this coming weekend and then he can finally get some sleep. He has been starting his days at 6 am, then going straight through school, practice right after and getting home after 10:30. I get exhausted thinking about it.

Fireball has her two month checkup tomorrow. How can she be two months old, already? She actually had her appointment scheduled for last Thursday. If you've ever tried to get out the door with a little baby and a preschooler, you must know the sense of accomplishment I felt walking into the pediatrician's office at 1:35 (woohoo--only five minutes late for the 1:30 app't) with both Lydia and Ben clean and happy, having just put Abie on the bus for afternoon kindergarten. The receptionist looked at me with a blank stare. When I told her I was there for Lydia's two month she said, "Oh. Her appointment was for 9:30 this morning."

No. Way.

Of course, this is Not My Fault. I swear the appointment was for 1:30 and they never called me to confirm it, so it's their fault. Right? Anyway, we will be there tomorrow at about 10:05 for our 10:00 appointment. With bells on.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG!!!! Where have I been? I didn't even know you were pregnant! Congrats on the beautiful new baby!

4/22/2006 8:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Knitting Parents of Young Children
Join | List | Prev | Next | ??
Powered by RingSurf

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Powered by Blogger


Listed on BlogShares