Monday, May 07, 2007

MD Sheep and Wool

Saturday morning...the line started on the highway.


and kept going. The fairgrounds are up this hill.

The people within the yellow lines are all in front of me in line at The Fold, waiting to pay for Socks That Rock. We were repeatedly asked if we were in line to get into the barn.

Lydia amused herself with leaves on the ground as we waited. See my crocs? It wasn't until we were leaving that I noticed Lydia and I were dressed all matchy-matchy. My shirt was the color of her shoes and her top matched my crocs. And that top? It's this one (scroll down). She has been wearing it for a year! First as a dress, now as a top. That, my friends, is a good pattern! And the silk gets softer each time it's washed.
Here are the folks in line behind me at The Fold.
On Saturday there were a gajillion more people there than when I went last year (on Sunday). This was when we took a break to share a bbq sandwich. Nope. As good as it smelled, I just couldn't get the lamb. We had beef.
"Thank you for not eating my friends...and where is Angie?"
The weather was gorgeous, but toting Lydia around in the crowds (especially in the main building) has my arms still sore, two days later. For some reason she wanted nothing to do with the sling and I didn't want to have to navigate a stroller through the crowds. By the time we got in the gate is was after 10 and we left at 1:45. In that time I went through one barn and the main building, stopping for lunch in between. The most time was spent in line at Tess Yarns and The Fold, but Shelridge Farm had a line, too. It seemed like that at many of the vendors and I didn't really get a change to look at things as much as I would have liked to. It was nice chatting with Buffy and she remembered Lydia from last year (when she held her as I chose my colors). The Taylors are very excited to be expecting their second grandchild in October.
If you were there and saw a wild-eyed, sweaty-faced woman struggling to hold a wiggly baby (who was no doubt cursing me in baby-speak), that was me. I went to the area (I think) where the big blogger meet up was supposed to be at one, but you know, no one was holding a sign that said "Big Blogger Meet Up," so I didn't meet anyone. Just as well. I really looked like hell by then.
And now, the loot:
(Billiam, please avert your eyes)
Top, left: my spindle!, Tess' Designer Yarns supersock
middle: all my lovelies from Sheldridge Farm.
bottom: Socks That Rock in Crazy Lace Agate
And I still have to tell you about my drop spindle class/aka A New Obsession is Born.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Mommyleek said...

Oh my goodness! Look at all that fiber! It's yummy. And while I really regret not being able to come up, thinking about toting the 41 pounds that is J around makes my arms ache! I wouldn't have had a stroller with me, and he's the type to prefer being carried to walking in crowds.

By next year he should be the size of a small football player and we can enlist him to tote Lydia for us. :)

Or maybe a wagon would make more sense. It would serve dual purpose- kid AND stash hauling.

5/07/2007 3:56 PM  
Blogger Nancy @ the Jersey Shore said...

Sounds like a fun day, but oh! those crowds! I'm semi-disabled, I doubt I could have made it through those lines. I'm glad I got to see it vicariously though your post.

5/07/2007 4:34 PM  
Blogger Mommyleek said...

Ok, we're upgrading the wagon to an electric scooter with a tow-hitch and a wagon and Nancy's coming along. :)

5/07/2007 9:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Knitting Parents of Young Children
Join | List | Prev | Next | ??
Powered by RingSurf

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Powered by Blogger


Listed on BlogShares