Tuesday, April 10, 2007

prize update

Oh, boy are you guys in for some nice prizes! In case you missed my update to the original post, Pippi, of PippiKneeSocks fame and Michelle of The Sweet Sheep both jumped in on day one with generous offers of prizes.

If you haven't checked out Pippi's shop, please do it now. I'll wait. She has such an eye for color and have you seen her coiled yarn? GASP! I have some gorgeous fiber from her that I will be using once I take my drop spindle class at MD Sheep and Wool in May. I can only hope that I will do it justice.

How about The Sweet Sheep? Have you been there? Michelle has one of the best selections of indie dyers sock yarn, among other stuff, around. Be sure to sign up for her email updates. You have to be fast when these ladies add to their shops. Blink it's gone! One look and you'll see why.

This morning I heard from Jacki of Cider Moon. She and Gail are going to put together something fun and exciting, too! I have only recently discovered their yarn myself and I have to tell you that it quickly became one of my favorites. Their Glacier is the yarn I used for Billiam's anniversary socks (in their free pattern, Campfire Socks) and it is unbelievably soft (and quick on number 4's!). And with each package they send a sample of some other bit of crack yarn to get you totally addicted so you can see and touch other things they have available.

I've also heard from Ronni who is sending some lovely yarn to add to the prize pool as well as some other goodies that I will tell you about later when I have more details. Ronni's family has been touched by congenital heart defects and I am honored that she contacted me about participating in this fundraiser.

All of this, plus Angie and I have so much more up our sleeves! Stay tuned for more updates. Thank you to everyone who has made a prize donation and everyone who has donated and entered in the prize drawings. And please consider linking to the drawing from your blogs. The more we can spread the word, the more we can raise for the AHA Heart Walk, Team Nova.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Mommyleek said...

Squee!!!!

I'm at work today, and I can't get to my email, but I wanted you to know that nothing looks as funny as a receptionist doing a happy dance through a lobby full of barking dogs. :)

I'll respond appropriately tonight.

4/10/2007 12:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Knitting Parents of Young Children
Join | List | Prev | Next | ??
Powered by RingSurf

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Powered by Blogger


Listed on BlogShares