Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Clara's hat: done.

pattern changes available as a pdf file. Just drop me a line: gretchenknits at gmail dot com or gretchenknits on ravelry.

As of yet unblocked but she loves it. Jake has asked if I can knit him one in boy colors (my words, not his) instead of the other pattern.

Noro Kureyon (154) and some black merino worsted I already had. Based on Amy King's Fake Isle hat from MagKnits with the skull design lifted from Hello Yarn's We Call Them Pirates and a few other little changes. When I make it again I will put an extra row of black between the skulls and the stripe of Kureyon. The checkered part above the skulls will move down so that it is the same distance from the skulls as the bottom one. There are some wonky parts where I wasn't paying attention but those only add to the charm, right?

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cute!

2/07/2007 10:23 PM  
Blogger Knittingmummy said...

I really love that hat.

2/08/2007 6:18 AM  
Blogger msubulldog said...

I love the colors on the top! Wow. :)

2/08/2007 12:21 PM  
Blogger Amy Boogie said...

The hat is damn cool!
I love it!

2/09/2007 7:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Knitting Parents of Young Children
Join | List | Prev | Next | ??
Powered by RingSurf

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Powered by Blogger


Listed on BlogShares