Monday, August 21, 2006

YARN ABOARD!

Guess who sailed into my mailbox today?!

Christopher Columbus! I didn't recognize him at first. He was cloaked in a priority mailing box, having sailed here from South Carolina. South Carolina? I didn't order anything from there, that I know of! Ziiiiiiip! Went the box and there he was. My happy squeal was joined by five of my kids, dancing and squealing around me. If Mama's excited, it's gotta be good!

I grabbed him and we all ran to the bedroom, home of the camera, eager to record his cargo.




I can't believe I'm the third stop! I was sure I would have to wait longer (though I got my stuff together to send out, just in case).

Notice how the photos start to tilt...I had to record the moment but didn't want to look through the view finder.
Oooh! Postcards from South Carolina and lots of yummy treats! We shared bits of everything and, sadly, it is almost gone. Picture the tiny bites we took sharing two delicious Dove turtles! Too bad the kids saw them before I could tuck them under some tissue paper. (-:

TEA! I loves me some tea. And so many kinds! Don't they look oh, so pretty all lined up, rainbow-like? The kids started calling out which ones they wanted to try but I moved on, hoping they would forget.


Wheeee! I've been wanting this! I heart the harlot and have been laughing at her pearls of wisdom (heh-pearls. from Stephanie Pearl-McPhee. I kill myself).

The rest to follow....blogger is refusing to allow me to add any more photos and my son is clamoring for the computer to work on is summer reading assignment.

Thank you, thank you, thank you, Tania (TygherKnits)! I am loving everything and will post the rest later today!

note: this post was started Saturday afternoon, but blogger has been acting up.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tania A said...

Yay! So glad to hear it arrived safe and sound :) I was eyeing those treats while I waited to send everything off, let me tell you. ;)

8/21/2006 3:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Knitting Parents of Young Children
Join | List | Prev | Next | ??
Powered by RingSurf

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Powered by Blogger


Listed on BlogShares