Monday, April 18, 2005

High of 80 today

I love spring. It seems like it takes forever to get here and then, all of a sudden, BANG! It's here! The trees are just beautiful. Oh, and I finally got my white daffodils with peach centers. I planted the bulbs when we had lived here for just a few years. So, maybe 9 years ago. Of course, in my haste to get them in the ground I didn't pay attention to how much light they would get so each year the leaves would come up but no flowers. I had basically forgotten about them. So, two years ago the pear tree they were planted near died and was cut down. I guess there is enough sun in that spot, now. The girls were outside with Benny and Clara brought in a bouquet of them, saying that Benny had picked all of them. It took me a minute to figure out where they came from.

Clara has a softball game tonight. I can't wait! The poor thing woke up this morning in tears...she said that in the middle of the night (actually, probably right after she fell asleep last night), Hope and Emma kept moving her (c's) hand all around, like putting her finger up her nose, etc. Nice. Then when we were ready to walk out the door to the bus she burst into tears, again, saying she was just too tired. I told her to go back to bed and took Emma out.

So there we are, waiting for the bus. I look down the road and notice that the little girl a few houses away isn't out in her driveway waiting. Hmm...she must be sick. Then Emma comments that there aren't very many buses in the school parking lot. Then I notice that we haven't seen very many buses pass by. Wheels are starting to turn. I go back in and check the clock and we are an hour early. Surely this doesn't happen to anyone else. The good news is that after another 45 minutes of sleep, Clara was feeling better and went to school.

And now, a picture from Clara's first game....

1 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

You stole my weather. Again. And no, it doesn't happen to anyone else. ;) Love ya!

4/18/2005 6:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Knitting Parents of Young Children
Join | List | Prev | Next | ??
Powered by RingSurf

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Powered by Blogger


Listed on BlogShares