Friday, May 02, 2008

waiting for next week

On Monday Ben will have his first follow up appointment since we started eye-patching. I'm not sure if I ever talked about that here. This past fall, after not passing his routine eye screening at the pediatrician, we found out that he is extremely far-sighted. Added on to that, the two eyes have very different degrees of far-sightedness, which means that the better eye was doing all of the work, causing a lazy eye, although not the kind you can see from looking at him. They appear to work together, but his right eye was basically just hanging out. So he got glasses and two months later we started patching the good eye for 1-2 hours a day, to force the weaker eye to get to work.



On Friday Emma will have her VCUG to find out if the surgery worked for her left side. We are going back to the private radiology place where she had her first one done because the last one at Children's was much harder than the first. I'm feeling optimistic that it will be good news. Hopefully that won't jinx anything.



And a Lydia pic...just because. Oh...that knitted top she is wearing is the little Debbie Bliss dress I knitted for her while I was pregnant. She wore it her first Easter as a dress, a second spring/summer as a shorter dress and can now wear it as a little top.

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger canknitian said...

Always lovely to read your posts and see photos of your kids. I am crossing my fingers and toes for the best possible results at both appointments.

BIG HUG!
j

5/02/2008 3:02 PM  
Blogger Mommyleek said...

My goodness do they grow up fast! Look at sweet Lydia, still so much mischief behind those eyes!

Crossing fingers and saying prayers for both Ben and Emma. Is it ok for me to be optimistic with you?

5/03/2008 7:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll keep my fingers crossed that all goes well with Emma and Ben. Your children are so beautiful, and you're clearly an amazing mom. Sending good thoughts your way!

5/03/2008 4:16 PM  
Blogger The Boys Mommy said...

good luck tomorrow...we'll be thinking about you all!

5/08/2008 2:14 PM  
Blogger The Boys Mommy said...

Happy (belated) Mother's Day! Hope you had good news on Friday!!

5/12/2008 7:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG! Look at how big your kids are!! (I can't remember the last time I was by here. It's been awhile since I was blogging.)

Awesome to see you and yours. :)

6/14/2008 12:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Knitting Parents of Young Children
Join | List | Prev | Next | ??
Powered by RingSurf

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Powered by Blogger


Listed on BlogShares